Here we go...I am blogging!!

I am grateful for having taken this week off of work. I didn't go anywhere exotic or do anything drastic. I stayed home and did lots of little things to help me restore my soul. I went to the gym, walked my dog, invested in a workshop to discuss my issues with dating, and went to church. I also slept in, took myself out to dinner, and enjoyed where the day took me. I didn't make big plans and it was great. My job takes the wind out of me, so it's nice when I can take a moment to breathe.

One of the other tasks I had for my break was to write more. The aforementioned workshop giave me that opportunity. The workshop is called the Date Yourself Challenge. It was 5 days of reflection, introspection, and writing. I'm always down for that because I strive to be a better person tomorrow than yesterday. Unfortunately, I exhaust myself with my attempts. My thought processes are askew, so I often take the long way around most things. It isn't the "good" long way, either, where you're one with your radio and coffee driving aimlessly. It's the anxiety-riddled one where you're going to be late and you're panicked because you have no idea where the Hell you are. Mind you, I ate up these 5 days of exercises and information. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to fully appreciate it.

The workshop also inspired me to pursue this blog. I have wanted to do this for some time after I created my social media pages. Again, it appeared daunting and harder than I believe it is. I am stepping outside of my comfort zone and diving into this. I have been speaking publicly about my mental illness for three years now. I openly exposed myself in bytes and hashtags. Today, I expose myself more by venturing into blogging, deep breaths and racing heart aside.

Those of you who have "met" me online have been very kind. I look forward to sharing more with you and learning about you, too. I am here because of you and for you. Let's work on this together.

Be kind to yourself,
TVW

Comments